Terms and Conditions
(updated May 2022)
1. All rehearsal/recording sessions require full payment before entry. We ask that you vacate the room promptly at the end of your session. We require 48 hours’ notice of cancellation – if you do not provide 48 hours, the full/partial cost of the session will be due (subject to the discretion of the Staff when notified).
2. The hourly room rental rate is subject to change. You will be given 30 days advance notice of any such changes.
3. You, the person making the booking, is responsible for all persons in the group of attendees. This includes but is not limited to, payment for the session, any damage or theft of equipment and subsequent charges for the repair or replacement of the equipment.
4. All attendees must leave the room in the same condition as they find it. We ask that you clear any rubbish as you are leaving, using the bins provided. To avoid damage caused by spills on carpets and electrical equipment, only water is allowed in the rooms and should be placed on top of the tables or in the trays provided, not on top of any equipment. ALCOHOL and SMOKING is strictly prohibited anywhere in the Studio.
5. We have a ZERO TOLERANCE policy on ANY abusive behaviour and use of drugs and alcohol. Any suspicion of such activities will result in your session being immediately terminated, without a refund.
6. All attendees are liable for their own equipment. Silver Lining Studios does not take any responsibility for personal possessions lost or damaged which are brought in to the Studio at your own risk.
7. In the event of a fire, please raise the alarm and leave by the nearest exit. The official meeting point is at the front of the building. DO NOT re-enter the building under any circumstances until advised it is safe to do so by a member of staff.
8. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions may result in instant removal and/or permanent exclusion.
9. All the information given to us (Silver Lining Studios) will be kept confidential and secure.
10. Under no circumstances do we accept any liability or responsibility whatsoever for any loss or damage to your property or any consequential or other loss arising from any circumstances (other than death or personal injury) and all such liability is hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by Law.
STORAGE UNIT RENTAL
1. Fees – Payment for all storage is due on the 1st of each month by cash/card or standing order. The monthly rental rate is subject to change. You will be given 30 days advance notice of any such changes.
2. Cancellation – Please give at least one weeks’ written notice if you wish to cancel your rental arrangement and we will do the same, if necessary.
3. Access – We will provide you access to the Studio between 10am-10pm Sunday – Friday and between 10am-5pm on Saturdays. If you require entry outside these hours, please contact Staff and where possible, it will be arranged. No access will be given to anyone other than the band members under any circumstances.
4. Insurance – We strongly recommend that your equipment is insured to its full replacement value. It is your responsibility to take out the necessary cover for storing equipment at the Studio. Silver Lining Studios accept no responsibility for loss or damage. We can put you in touch with our insurer who can provide cover for premises, gigs, unattended vehicle etc to suit your individual requirements.
5. Security – We will endeavour to secure the Studio and storage units within. CCTV is in operation and all outer doors & windows are sealed or locked and alarmed.
6. Permitted Items – The storage units are for rehearsal/gig gear and music related equipment. Under no circumstances should you store any items or substances which may be flammable, illegal or harmful to persons/the environment. This includes, but is not restricted to, drugs, firearms, knives or solvents. If we have any suspicions to the contrary, you will be asked to vacate the Studio immediately and the police notified.
7. No person who is not a party to this agreement shall have any right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce the terms of this Agreement.
8. Under no circumstances do we accept any liability or responsibility whatsoever for any loss or damage to your property or any consequential or other loss arising from any circumstances (other than death or personal injury) and all such liability is hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by Law.
This Agreement is subject to English Law.
Terms and Conditions OF HIRE
(updated May 2023)
For the terms of this Contract, “we” and “SLS” is deemed to refer to Silver Lining Studios and “you”, “the Customer” is the individual, partnership or company entering into a Contract to hire equipment from SLS.
1. Ownership – All hired equipment remains the property of SLS. You may not sell, lease, lend, sub-hire, modify or dispose of hired equipment. The Customer will be responsible for advising SLS as to the location of the hired equipment during the period of hire, and of any changes in such location; never outside mainland UK.
2. Hire Charges – Hire charges are based on the period of the Contract whether or not they are in use. All quoted services and prices are subject to availability, do not constitute an offer and may be revised or withdrawn prior to our express acceptance of your order. Your order constitutes an offer to purchase services under the specific terms stated in the quotation. On our acceptance of your order, you are liable to pay any fees due according to the terms stated in the quotation, in full, before items are delivered or taken. This may include a deposit, refundable on the return of hired items on time and in the condition they were received. Late payment may delay or prevent collection/delivery and may also give rise to additional administrative charges. SLS will reserve the right to withhold the hired items and or cancel the Contract and will not be liable for any damage or loss which may be suffered by the Customer as a consequence.
In the event of the equipment ordered not being available through circumstances beyond the control of SLS, SLS reserves the right to substitute equipment of similar quality/make/model for all or part of the hire.
3. Hire Periods – All equipment must be returned or made available for collection at or before the time agreed. For each day or part day it remains outstanding, you may be charged either the greater of the daily hire rate for each outstanding item, or the sum of direct and consequential losses attributable to its late return. SLS reserve the right to repossess hired items and will not be liable for any damage or loss which may be suffered by the Customer as a consequence of such repossession.
4. Condition of Equipment – Where equipment is used without our supervision, we check the condition and operation of all items before they leave us. On accepting delivery, you agree that an item is in good condition and fully operational.
5. Lost or Damaged Equipment – We cannot accept responsibility for crowd control or for the safety or security of any other party’s premises, and unless it arises through our own actions, you are liable to us for the whole cost of any repair or replacement, for damage to, or theft or loss of our equipment at the event site, however it is caused.
6. Use of Equipment – It is your responsibility to ensure hired equipment is suitable for the purpose, and is used safely and legally. Anyone appointed to operate or supervise equipment must be competent to do so (and must have received any appropriate training where required by circumstance or law). Equipment may only be used within manufacturer guidelines (manuals are available on request). Loudspeaker controllers are supplied correctly configured, and may not be adjusted or bypassed. Any misuse of hired equipment entitles SLS to its immediate recovery without notice or penalty, and may result in further action if it has been tampered with, altered or damaged.
7. Service and Repair – No service, repair, or non-user adjustment (as determined by the manufacturer) may be attempted without the prior express consent of SLS. Where user-replaceable parts (e.g., fuses or lamps) are fitted by you, only manufacturer-specified replacements may be used. Removal of covers or cover screws in all cases invalidates the manufacturer’s warranty, and you are liable for the full cost of replacing equipment where evidence of such tampering is found.
8. Equipment Failure – All equipment we supply is electrically safe, fully operational, and in good condition. All our equipment is also of professional standard and well-maintained. Catastrophic equipment failure is therefore unusual and unlikely (and in our own equipment, unprecedented). However, we cannot accept liability for any direct or consequential losses arising from equipment failure.
9. Electricity Supply – It is your responsibility to ensure provision of a safe 240 volt AC power supply, provided from standard 13-amp sockets.
10. Third Party Equipment – It is your responsibility to ensure that any other electrical equipment used in combination with ours is functionally and electrically safe. WE DO NOT OTHERWISE CONSENT TO USE OF OUR EQUIPMENT. Where inspection or test records are not available, the presumption will be that the equipment is unsafe.
The Contract is subject to English Law.